Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My New Baby


Some people get excited over a new relationship. Me? I get excited over a new guitar. This year, I decided to spend some of my yearly bonus on myself. I usually put all my money in the bank but this year I decided to spend some. So, the first thing I bought was this sweet red Jackson guitar. I was looking for another Ibanez but after playing this one, I was sold. It has EMG pickups and while I've always maintained that a good guitarist can make even a cheap guitar sound good, these pickups definitely make a difference. My finger tips are sore from playing it already and I have to admit, she's a sexy little thing.

3 comments:

Blueberry said...

Congratulations! And I completely agree about the good guitarist vs. cheap guitar. I tried to learn (through lessons) when I was 9 but didn't have the strength (or the talent). I can't even play air guitar. I will stick to air drums. ;-)

DrDon said...

Air drums are good. Actually, with games like Guitar Hero, no one needs to really learn anymore. I've never taken lessons, just figured some stuff out myself. I probably need to take lessons to break me of some bad habits. I just enjoy having fun with it. I'm too old for it to be anything more than a hobby, though I wished I would have learned when I was 9. Then I could've used it to get chicks as a teen!

Mando Mama said...

Woohoo! Keep practicing and those callouses will keep your fingers from hurting. I always say that music is the perfect companion. You never need an excuse to get together, it's always there when you need it, it rarely judges you, and it knows you intimately. I'm glad to see you're spending some time hanging out together!